PREPARATION FOR YOUR CLEANSE:
All Juice Cleanse orders are custom orders. Please allow 48 hours for order verification and production. Programs are non-refundable after the first juice pick-up.
-Start flushing your body with fluids and clean up your diet for two days prior to your start date. -Honor your Commitment to Self: Treat your Detox like a vacation. Plan to relax and detox mentally as well as physically.
-Mark your calendar and make sure there is no travel or major events planned within 2-3 days of your Detox Program.
-Slow Down: Eat slowly with intention and chew your food thoroughly. Take the same time to drink your juices as you would a full meal. Remember to always chew your juice. The chewing action mixes saliva with the juice, allowing your body to more easily absorb and utilize the nutrients.
– To help purify your body before you begin your detox, begin each day with a glass of warm water with the juice of one lemon and a maximum of a half-teaspoon of cayenne (optional). This increases the rate of detoxification by opening the circulatory system and alkalizing bodily fluids.
– Make an extra effort to hydrate throughout your day with non-carbonated water (at least two liters/day). Drinking water helps set the stage for a smoother cleanse because it allows your cells to eliminate toxins more easily, decreases tiredness, and reduces food cravings.
-Eliminate all caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, sugar, meat and poultry, dairy and egg products, fish and seafood, processed foods, wheat and refined carbohydrates.
Anything you can eliminate from your diet ahead of time will make it easier once your cleanse begins! If giving up wheat completely feels too drastic, try to stay away from refined starches like white bread, white rice, and pasta. This may sound like a lot to give up, but your body will thank you for it in the end! Plus there are lots of other cleanse-friendly foods to eat:
-Incorporate the following: fruits, steamed vegetables, salads, smoothies and gluten-free grains like quinoa, amaranth and millet.
A juice cleanse is a liquid fast, during which you abstain from solid foods. Raw, organic, cold-pressed juices help restore alkalinity to the body that helps neutralize toxic acidity often caused by our modern diets.
Make sure to refrigerate your juices as soon as possible! Because our juices are unpasteurized, it is essential that you start your cleanse the day that it arrives. Our juices have an optimal shelf life of four days.
A common question on the first day of the cleanse is: what order do I drink these in? Our recommendations is listed below, don’t be afraid to break the rules. This is YOUR cleanse after all! Try to drink about every 2 hours for sustained energy.
- DAILY GREEN
- DEEP GREEN
- FEEL THE BEET
- DETOX LEMONADE
Remember to always chew your juice. The chewing action mixes saliva with the juice, allowing your body to more easily absorb and utilize the nutrients.
Our juice cleanses are designed to replace meals and snacks. To ensure that your cleansing process is as effective and enjoyable as possible please make sure to drink plenty of water in between the juices. It is important to avoid alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine while cleansing.
WHAT ABOUT DETOX SYMPTOMS?
You may experience some detox symptoms. Every person’s body reacts differently when cleansing. You may not experience any symptoms, while others experience one or more. You could potentially experience any of the following:
- FREQUENT ELIMINATION
- BODY ODOR
- SKIN BREAKOUTS
- FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS
THINGS YOU CAN DO TO MAKE YOUR CLEANSE MORE PLEASANT AND EFFECTIVE:
- Keep hydrating – Drink at least eight glasses of non-carbonated water in addition to your juices and elixirs. Herbal decaffeinated teas are a great option as well.
- Get plenty of rest – A cleanse can be tiring. Keep your schedule as light as possible and try to get to bed early! Listen to your body. It will tell you when to slow down and take it easy. Take a nap!
- Take time to eliminate – During a cleanse, your body releases accumulated toxins that may have built up for years. It is important to eliminate the toxins that are being released from your system during the cleansing process. A few ways to help release toxins:
- Colonics or enemas are an optimal way to maintain a healthy colon, the body’s main channel for eliminating waste.
- Exfoliate and sweat! Both help to open pores, get rid of dead skin cells, and stimulate the lymphatic system.
- Dry skin brushes are a fantastic way to support the skin and release toxins during a cleanse (3-5 minutes before a shower, bath, sauna, or steam).
- Take a sauna! Infrared saunas especially are excellent for assisting in detoxification.
- Get outside! Take a walk, get into nature and get some fresh air into those lungs.
- Please remember to take it slow during your cleanse. Treat yourself to a massage, sauna, or simply take a hot bath with epsom salt. We recommend that you keep your exercise regimen to a moderate level and use good judgment whenever you’re exerting yourself on a juice cleanse.
Be positive and smile. It helps!
Are you constantly thing of food or dying for something to chew? Try eating a piece of raw fruit or vegetable. For example nibble on a carrot stick or banana slices. Just consume one thing at a time.
This is the day your initial detox symptoms will start to subside and the cleanse will start to feel good. Most people begin to feel more consistent energy and begin thinking clearly again.
You made it to the last day of your juice cleanse! Well done! You’ve hit the reset button and detoxified your system. Now, we want to make sure that you are prepared to maintain and maximize the effects of your cleanse.
AFTER A CLEANSE
You are still in a detox mode when you exit a cleanse, so try to be mindful of what you put into your system. As you come out of your cleanse, make sure to drink plenty of water and pace yourself as you slowly reintroduce simple organic whole foods. We recommend starting with salads, smoothies, soups, and juices, and avoiding processed foods and animal products. Optimal post-cleanse foods are the same as pre-cleanse diet suggestions:
- Steamed vegetables
- Smoothies (try and add a green vegetable like kale or spinach to your smoothies)
- Fresh juices
- Gluten-free grains like quinoa, amaranth, brown rice and millet
BRING BACK YOUR BOTTLES!
We encourage you to bring back your bottles for a $.50 redemption and use them to purchase some items to help you ease off of your cleanse. We ask that you bring back no more than 10 rinsed bottles a visit so we have enough storage to take all redeemed bottles.